Landing Craft Support(Large)(Mark 3) LCS(L)(3) Landing Ship Support Large (LSSL) Index
One hundred thirty LCS(L)(3)s were built during World War II. They were developed by the George Lawley Company, Neponset, Mass and produced there and by Albina Engine and Machine Works, and Comercial Iron Works, Portland Oregon. LCS(L)(3)s served only in the Pacific campaign. In 1949 LCS(L)(3)s remaining in the US Navy's inventory were redesignated Landing Ship Support Large (LSSL). Fifty-three LSSLs were transferred to the Japan Maritime Self-defense Force in 1952 and numerous others were transferred to allied nations.
Click for Operational Description of LCS(L)(3)
Click on ship name to view image(s) and DANFS history.