Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Mine Warfare Vessel Photo Archive

Courser (AMc 32)



Call sign:
Nan - Charlie - Easy - Tare

Coastal Minesweeper:

  • The first Courser was built in 1938 as Nancy Rose by Al Larson, Los Angeles, CA for the Nancy Rose Fishing Corp. of Long Beach, CA
  • Placed in service as USS Courser (AMc 32), 13 November 1940
  • Struck from the Naval Register 23 September 1944
  • Transferred to the War Shipping Administration in April 1945
  • Acquired in 1945 by Melvin D. Marsh of Long Beach for use as a fishing boat
  • Acquired in 1946 by George Fukuzaki of Wilmington, CA
  • Acquired in 1957 by Mitchell B. Jurisich of Empire, LA
  • Acquired in 1963 by Albert J. Taft of Biloxi, MS
  • Acquired in 1966 by James Tillman of Gulfport, MS and renamed Big Fisherman
  • Acquired in 1977 by Mitchell Sevel, Jr. of Gulfport
  • Acquired in 1978 by Michael D. Sevel of Gulfport
  • Renamed Lady Pamela 26 April 1982
  • Acquired in 1985 by Julie Ann Gatten of Metairie, LA and renamed Old Fisherman
  • Reacquired in 1988 by Michael D. Sevel of Gulfport and renamed Lady Pamela
  • Out of documentation in 1998
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 148 t.
  • Length 79'
  • Propulsion: Diesel, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of Courser (AMc 32) is available at this time

    View the Courser (AMc 32)
    DANFS history entry located on the Naval History and Heritage Command website
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back To The Coastal Mine Sweeper (AMc) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History