Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Mine Warfare Vessel Photo Archive

Fulmar (AMc 46)

Call sign:
Nan - Item - Love - Zebra

Accentor Class Coastal Minesweeper:

  • Laid down 21 December 1940 by the Greenport Basin and Construction Co., Greenport, Long Island, NY
  • Launched 25 February 1941
  • Commissioned USS Fulmar (AMc 46), 25 June 1941
  • Decommissioned 4 January 1946 at Charleston, SC
  • Struck from the Naval Register 21 January 1946
  • Transferred to the Maritime Commission 16 September 1946
  • Acquired in 1948 by Frank P. Tower of Morgan City, LA for use as a fishing boat and renamed Grace & George
  • Acquired in 1949 by Louisiana Bunkers, Inc. of Patterson, LA
  • Burned 9 JUly 1954 at the John Santos Carinhas wharf on the Calcasies River at Cameron, LA.


  • Displacement 185 t.
  • Length 97' 1"
  • Beam 22'
  • Draft 9'
  • Speed 10 kts.
  • Complement 17
  • Armament: One .50 cal. machine gun
  • Propulsion: One 500shp General Motors 8-268A diesel engine, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of Fulmar (AMc 46) is available at this time

    Commanding Officers
    01LTJG Allen Russell, USNR25 June 1941 - April 1942
    02LT Charles W. Logan, USNRApril 1942 - September 1943
    03LT Gustave J. Blasi, USNRSeptember 1943 - March 1944
    04LT Frederick B. Gugle, USNRMarch 1944 - February 1945
    05LT Jack L. Benson, USNRFebruary 1945 - June 1945
    06LT William G. Crawford, USNRJune 1945 - 4 January 1946
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    View the Fulmar (AMc 46)
    DANFS history entry located on the Haze Gray & Underway web site
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back to the Coastal Minesweeper (AMc) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History