Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Mine Warfare Vessel Photo Archive

YMS-265



Call sign:
Nan - Fox - King - Uncle

YMS-1 Class Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper:

  • Laid down 4 May 1942 by the Krause and Banks Shipbuilding Co., North Bend, OR
  • Launched 25 November 1942
  • Completed 6 March 1943
  • Transferred to the War Shipping Administration in May 1947
  • Struck from the Naval Register 10 June 1947
  • Acquired in 1949 by William C. Gibson of Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada and named Tahsis Chief No. 2
  • Acquired in 1951 by W. F. Gibson of Vancouver and renamed W. F. Gibson
  • Acquired in 1958 by William C. Gibson of Vancouver
  • Acquired in 1961 by J. H. Todd and Sons, Ltd. of Vancouver
  • Renamed Marjorie Todd in 1963
  • Acquired in 1967 by Toddaire Services, Ltd. of Vancouver
  • Acquired in 1968 by British Columbia Packers, Ltd. of Richmond, British Columbia
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 270 t.
  • Length 136'
  • Beam 24' 6"
  • Draft 8'
  • Speed 15 kts.
  • Complement 32
  • Armament: One 3"/50 dual purpose gun mount, two 20mm mounts, and two depth charge projectors
  • Propulsion: Two 880bhp General Motors 8-268A diesel engines, Snow and Knobstedt single reduction gear, two shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    YMS-265 130k Marijorie Todd Joe Radigan

    Commanding Officers
    01LT R. L. Lentz, Jr., USNR1945
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    There is no DANFS History currently available for YMS-265
    Additional Resources and Web Sites of Interest
    Naval Minewarfare Association
    Association of Minemen
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back to the Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper (YMS) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History