Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Mine Warfare Vessel Photo Archive

YMS-445

Call sign:
Nan - Charlie - Queen - Xray

La Busca call sign:
King - Queen - Item - King

YMS-1 Class Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper:

  • Laid down 25 March 1944 by Hiltebrant Dry Dock, Kingston, NY
  • Launched 28 September 1944
  • Completed 20 March 1945
  • Commissioned USS YMS-445, 21 March 1945 under the command of LTJG John E. Boyd, USNR
  • Decommissioned 1 January 1947
  • Struck from the Naval Register 5 March 1947
  • Transferred to the War Shipping Administration 13 May 1947
  • Registered in 1948 to Macco Corp. of Clearwater, CA as the miscellaneous vessel La Busca out of Los Angeles, CA
  • Registered in 1955 to the Smith-Rice Barge No. 3 Co. of Long Beach, CA as the miscellaneous vessel La Busca out of Los Angeles
  • Registered in 1956 to the Submarex Corp. of Santa Barbara, CA as the miscellaneous vessel La Busca out of Los Angeles
  • Sold in 1961 and operated under the Panamanian flag
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 270 t.
    1948 - 250 t.
  • Length 136'
    1948 - 126.5'
  • Beam 24' 6"
  • Draft 8'
    1948 - 11.5'
  • Speed 15 kts.
  • Complement 32
    1948 - Eight
  • Armament: One 3"/50 dual purpose gun mount, two 20mm mounts, and two depth charge projectors
  • Propulsion: Two 880bhp General Motors 8-268A diesel engines, Snow and Knobstedt single reduction gear, two shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of YMS-445 is available at this time

    There is no DANFS History currently available for YMS-445
    Back to the Main Photo Index Back to the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back to the Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper (YMS) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan & Michael Mohl
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History