Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Eagle-Class Patrol Craft
Photo Archive


Call sign (1924):
Nan - Easy - Jig - Quack

ex-Eagle No. 12

Call sign:
George - Cast - Love - Jig

Eagle Class Patrol Craft:

  • Laid down 13 July 1918 by the Ford Motor Co., Detroit, MI
  • Launched 12 November 1918
  • Commissioned USS Eagle No. 12, 6 November 1919
  • Designated PE-12, 17 July 1920
  • Struck from the Naval Register 13 August 1935
  • Sold 30 December 1935
  • Fate unknown.


  • Displacement 615 t.
  • Length 200' 9"
  • Beam 33' 1"
  • Draft 8' 6"
  • Speed 18.3 kts.
  • Complement 61
  • Armament: Two 4"/50 gun mounts, and two .50 cal. machine guns
  • Propulsion: Two Bureau Express boilers, Poole geared turbine, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    USS Eagle No. 12
    PE-12 178k Crew photo
    Photo from the April 1920 edition of "Our Navy" magazine
    Joe Radigan
    USS PE-12
    PE-35, 7, 8, 34, 58, 25, 38, 10, 6 & 12 429k c. December 1920/January 1921
    Mare Island Submarine Base
    Bottom to top PE-35, PE-7, PE-8, PE-34, PE-58, PE-25, PE-38, PE-10, PE-6 and PE-12
    Mare Island Navy Yard photo PE 86785 Eagle Dec 1920
    Darryl Baker
    PE-12 183k 19 July 1924
    San Diego, CA
    Moored to pier after it was lost at sea for four days. Her steam turbine propulsion became disabled and a concentrated search failed to locate the wayward anti-submarine vessel
    Bob Daly/PC-1181

    View the PE-12
    DANFS history entry located on the Haze Gray & Underway website
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Index Back to the Eagle-Class Patrol Craft (PE) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History