Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Motor Torpedo Boat Photo Archive

PT-151



Call sign:
Nan - Xray - Yoke - Charlie

80' Elco Motor Torpedo Boat:

  • Laid down 5 August 1942 by the Electric Boat Co., Elco Works, Bayonne, NJ
  • Launched 17 October 1942
  • Completed 4 November 1942, placed in service and assigned to Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron NINE (PTRON 9) under the command of Lt. Comdr. Robert B. Kelly
  • PTRON 9, assigned to the South Pacific, had action at Rendova, Lever Harbor, Treasury, and Green
  • Transferred to 12 May 1943 to Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron TWELVE (PTRON 12) under the command of Lt. Comdr. John Harllee
  • PTRON 12, assigned to the Southwest Pacific, had action in New Guinea waters at Morobe, Dreger Harbor, Hollandia, and Mios Woendi, and in the Philippines at San Pedro Bay and Ormoc. It also based for a time at Kana
    Kopa, New Guinea, but had no action from this base. PTRON 12 was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for action in the New Guinea area from October 1943 to March 1944
  • The "Wuncanitsenuf", ex-"Jolly Roger" was placed out of service, stripped and destroyed by U.S. Forces 26 October 1945 at Samar, Philippines.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 56 t.
  • Length 80'
  • Beam 20' 8"
  • Draft 5'
  • Speed 41 kts.
  • Complement 17
  • Armament: Armament: One 40mm, four 21" Torpedoes and two twin .50 cal. machine guns
  • Propulsion: Three 1,500shp Packard W-14 M2500 gasoline engines, three shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of PT-151 is available at this time

    There is no DANFS history available for PT-151
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Index Back to the Motor Torpedo Boat (PT) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History