Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Motor Torpedo Boat Photo Archive

PT-326



Call sign:
Nan - King - Roger - Dog

80' Elco Motor Torpedo Boat:

  • Laid down 16 January 1943 by the Electric Boat Co., Elco Works, Bayonne, NJ
  • Launched 25 March 1943
  • Completed 13 April 1943, placed in service and assigned to Motor Torpedeo Boat Squadron TWENTY ONE (PTRon 21)under the command of CDR Selman S. Bowling, USN
  • PTRon 21 was assigned to the Southwest Pacific, had action at Morobe, Dreger Harbor, and Mios Woendi in New Guinea; at Manus in the Admiralties; and at San Pedro Bay and Subic Bay in the Philippines. It also based for a
    time at Kana Kopa, New Guinea, and at Samar and Basilan Island in the Philippines, but had no action from these bases. PTRon 21 was awarded the Presidential Unit Citation for action in the New Guinea area from
    October 1943 to March 1944.
  • Placed out of service 10 November 1945
  • Struck from the Naval Register 28 November 1945
  • The "Green Harlot", ex-"Encore", ex-"Carolina Chili" was transferred to the State Department, Foreign Liquidation Commission in May 1946 and sold
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 56 t.
  • Length 80'
  • Beam 20' 8"
  • Draft 5'
  • Speed 41 kts.
  • Complement 17
  • Armament: One 40mm, four 21" Torpedoes and two twin .50 cal. machine guns
  • Propulsion: Three 1,500shp Packard W-14 M2500 gasoline engines, three shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    PT-326 175 . Ian Coyne, whose grandfather served in PT-326

    There is no DANFS history available for PT-326
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Index Back to the Motor Torpedo Boat (PT) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History