Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Motor Torpedo Boat Photo Archive

PT-364



Call sign:
Nan - Tare - Charlie - Tare

80' Elco Motor Torpedo Boat:

  • Laid down 19 December 1942 by the Electric Boat Co., Elco Works, Bayonne, NJ
  • Launched 19 May 1943
  • Completed 8 June 1943
  • Placed in service 15 August 1943 and assigned to Motor Torpedo Boat Squadron EIGHTEEN (PTRon 18) under the command of Lt. Comdr. Henry M. S. Swift, USNR
  • PTRon 18, assigned to the Southwest Pacific, had action at Dreger Harbor, Aitape, Hollandia, Wakde, and Mios Woendi, in New Guinea; at Manus in the Admiralties; and at Morotai in the Halmaheras. It also based for a time at
    Kana Kopa, New Guinea, and in San Pedro Bay in the Philippines, but had no action from these bases. The squadron then was reassigned to Southwest Pacific and was augmented by PT's 362 - 367, 80-foot boats fabricated
    by Elco and assembled at the Harbor Boat Building Co., Terminal Island, Calif. When completed these boats were identical with the 80-foot Elco model
  • The "Manassa Mauler" was placed out of service 1 November 1945, stripped and destroyed by U.S. Forces at Samar, Philippines.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 56 t.
  • Length 80'
  • Beam 20' 8"
  • Draft 5'
  • Speed 41 kts.
  • Complement 17
  • Armament: One 40mm mount, four 21" Torpedoes and two twin .50 cal. machine guns
  • Propulsion: Three 1,500shp Packard W-14 M2500 gasoline engines, three shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of PT-364 is available at this time

    There is no DANFS history available for PT-364
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Index Back to the Motor Torpedo Boat (PT) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History