Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.


NavSource Online:
Section Patrol Craft Photo Archive

Lady Anne (SP 154)


Lady Anne served both the U. S. Navy and U.S. Army

Patrol Yacht:

  • Built in 1914 as Danna by Brown, Tottenville, Staten Island, NY
  • Purchased by the Navy 10 April 1917
  • Commissioned USS Lady Anne (SP 154), 7 May 1917
  • Delivered to the Navy 8 May 1917
  • Decommissioned 8 February 1919 and transferred to the Naval Overseas Transportation Service
  • Transferred to the War Department 25 February 1919
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 34 t.
  • Length 65'
  • Beam 15' 4"
  • Draft 4' 3"
  • Speed 10 kts.
  • Complement 10
  • Armament: One 1-pounders and one .30 cal. machine gun
  • Propulsion: One 75hp 4-cylinder Twentieth Century gasoline engine, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of Lady Anne (SP-154) is available at this time

    Commanding Officers
    01LTJG John S. Thompson, USNRF7 May 1917
    02LTJG(T) Harry L. Thompson, USN - Awarded the Legion of Merit (1945)1918
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships: Lady Anne (SP-154), a motor yacht, was built in 1914 by Brown, Tottenville, Staten Island, N.Y.; purchased by the Navy 10 April 1917 from her owner, George P. Walker, Savannah, Ga.; enrolled in the Naval Coast Defense Reserve 19 April; and commissioned 7 May at Charleston, S.C., Lt. (jg.) John S. Thompson, USNRF, in command.

    Assigned to the 6th Naval District, Charleston, Lady Anne operated out of Savannah, Ga., on section and harbor patrols. She sailed the lower reaches of the Savannah River and along the Atlantic roast inspecting merchant ships and sealing wireless radios. Lady Anne decommissioned 8 February 1919 and transferred to NOTS for harbor patrol duty at Charleston. Offered for sale 13 November, she was withdrawn from sale 3 February 1920 and transferred to the War Department 25 February.

    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To The Section Patrol Craft Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History