Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.


NavSource Online:
Section Patrol Craft Photo Archive

John Graham


Castle Class Trawler:

  • Built in 1918 by Cook, Welton, and Gemmell, Ltd., Beverley, England
  • Launched 27 July 1918
  • Acquired by the U.S. Navy and commissioned UST John Graham 30 May 1919 at Grimsby Naval Base, England
  • Decommissioned 12 August 1919 and returned to the Admiralty at Brightlingsea, England
  • Sold in 1921 to Kingston Steam Trawling Co., Ltd., Hull, England and renamed Ruby
  • Sold 18 February 1935 to the City Steam Fishing Co., Ltd., of Hull and renamed Eastcoates
  • Requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a minesweeper 28 August 1939
  • Returned to her owner 26 October 1939
  • Again requisitioned by the Royal Navy as a minesweeper 28 August 1940
  • Returned to her owner 27 April 1945
  • Sold 28 April 1947 to Odafoam Ltd. of London, England
  • Sold 3 August 1950 to J. Marr and Son, Ltd. of Fleetwood, England
  • Sold for scrap in 1955 to The West of Scotland Shipbreaking Co., Ltd., Troon, Scotland
  • Arrived for breaking up 23 July 1955.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 500 t.
  • Length 135'
  • Beam 22'
  • Draft 14'
  • Speed 10.5 kts.
  • Complement 18
  • Armament: None
  • Propulsion: One boiler, one 480ihp Amos and Smith triple-expansion steam engine, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    No image of John Graham is available at this time

    Commanding Officers
    01LT Leon H. Ackerman, USNRF - Awarded the Navy Cross (1920)30 May 1919 - 12 August 1919
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    View the John Graham
    DANFS history entry located on the Naval Historical Center website
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Unnumbered Vessel Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History