Call sign (1924):
Nan - Able - King - Vice
Call sign (1919):
George - Vice - Pup - Rush
Ivy served the U. S. Lighthouse Service, Navy and Coast Guard.
Magnolia Class Lighthouse Tender:The second Ivy was built in 1904 by the Baltimore Shipbuilding and Dry Dock Company, Baltimore, MDComissioned USLHS Ivy, 9 May 1904Transferred to the Navy 25 May 1917 via the War DepartmentReturned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919Decommissioned 6 November 1940Sold 25 April 1941Fate unknown.
Specifications:Displacement 910 t.1919 - 550 t.Length 173'Length between perpendiculars 165'Beam 30' 5"1919 - 30'Draft 13' 1"1919 - 13'Speed 9 kts.1945 - 10 kts.Complement 271919 - 29Armament: NonePropulsion: Two Page and Burton watertube boilers and two 700shp compound surface condensing steam engines, two shaftsConverted to diesel engines in March 1930.
|Click on thumbnail
for full size image
||Photo from "U.S. Coast Guard Cutters & Craft of World War II" by Robert L. Scheina
Ivy history entry located on the Coast Guard Cutter History website
View the Ivy
DANFS history entry located on the Naval History and Heritage Command website
This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan|