Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Revenue Cutter Photo Archive

USCGC Pamlico (WPR 57)

Call sign:
Nan - Roger - Fox - Peter

ex-USCGC Pamlico (CG 15)

Call sign (Early 1919):
George - Vice - Have - Jig

Call sign (Late 1919):
Nan - Rush - Rush

ex-USRC Pamlico

Pamlico served the U.S. Revenue Service, the Navy and Coast Guard

Revenue Cutter:

  • Built in 1907 by Pusey and Jones, Wilmington, DE
  • Launched 8 March 1907
  • Commissioned USRC Pamlico 26 July 1907
  • Designated CG-15 in 1915
  • Acquired by the Navy 6 April 1917
  • Returned to the Treasury Department 28 August 1919
  • Reclassified as a River Gunboat, WPR-57 in 1942
  • Decommissioned 6 September 1946
  • Sold 7 July 1947
  • Sold to the Norris Grain Co. of New York and renamed C. W. Curlett
  • Sold in 1958 to the Ailsworth Transport Co. of Reedsville, VA and renamed William Dea
  • Fate unknown.


  • Displacement 455 t.
    1919 - 451 t.
  • Length 158'
  • Beam 30'
  • Draft 5' 8"
    1919 - 10'
  • Speed 11.2 kts.
  • Complement 42
    1919 - 44
  • Armament: Two 6-pounders
  • Propulsion: One Babcock and Wilcox main boiler, two 325hp vertical triple expansion steam engines, two shafts
    Converted to diesel in 1947.

    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    Pamlico 103k Pre-World War I photo U.S. Coast Guard
    Pamlico 110k c. 1927 Original photo: Robert Hurst
    Replacement photo: U.S. Coast Guard
    Pamlico 186k 26 May 1944
    Pamlico serves as a test-bed for the floating drydock YFD-60. Other than her war-time gray paint, her appearance had changed little over the years
    U.S. Coast Guard photo 6-25
    U.S. Coast Guard

    There is no DANFS history available for Pamlico

    Back to the Main Photo Index Back to the Revenue Cutter Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created by Joseph M. Radigan and maintained by David Wright
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History