Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Section Patrol Craft Photo Archive

USCGC Camellia (WAGL 206)



Call sign:
Nan - Roger - Xray - Item

ex-USLHT Camellia



Call sign (1919):
George - Vice - Rush - Nan

Camellia served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Army, the U. S. Navy and the Coast Guard.


Camellia served the Navies of the United States and the Dominican Republic.

Lighthouse Tender:

  • Built in 1911 by the Racine Boat Manufacturing Co., Muskegon, MI
  • Commissioned USLHT Camellia 13 July 1911
  • Transferred to the War Department in 1917
  • Transferred to the Navy 1 July 1917
  • Returned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919
  • Designated WAGL-206 in 1942
  • Decommissioned 18 August 1947
  • Sold 29 December 1947
  • Transferred to the Dominican Republic in 1949 and renamed Capotillo (FB 101)
  • Reclassified as Service Craft No. 1
  • Still in service in the 1980s
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 377 t.
    1919 - 276 t.
  • Length 116' 7"
  • Length between perpendiculars 106'
  • Beam 24'; Draft 10'; Speed 9 kts.; Complement 16
    1919 - 21
  • Armament: None
  • Propulsion: Two water tube Almy type boilers, two 280ihp triple-expansion inverted direct acting steam engines, one shaft
    1933 - Replaced by two Atlas Imperial diesel engines.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    USLHT Camellia
    Camellia 84k . The Old Guard Website
    Capotillo (FB 101)
    Camellia 63k c. 1953
    Dominican Navy photo from the 1954/55 edition of Jane's Fighting Ships
    Robert Hurst

    View the
    Camellia (WAGL 206) history entry located on the Coast Guard Cutter History website

    Back To The Main Photo Index Back to the Unnumbered Ships Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History