|Click on thumbnail
for full size image
|No image of Constantia is available at this time|
Villages in New York and Ohio.
Constantia was built in 1890 by Barclay, Curle and Co., Ltd., Glasgow, Scotland, as Adelheid; transferred to the Navy in 1918 from the United States Shipping Board, converted at New Orleans, LA., and commissioned 22 April 1918, Lieutenant Commander P. F. Johnsen, USNRF, in command.
Assigned to the Naval Overseas Transportation Service, Constantia sailed from New Orleans 6 May 1918 for New York, arriving 15 May. Joining a convoy she sailed for Rochefort, France, where she unloaded cargo from 7 to 21 June before returning to Norfolk 10 July. She was decommissioned 13 July 1918 and returned to the Shipping Board the same day.
|Back to the Main Photo Index||Back to the Unnumbered Vessel (ID) Photo Index|
|Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster|
This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan|