Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Patrol Craft Sweeper
Photo Archive


YMS-450 call sign:
Nan - Charlie - Xray - Roger


PCS-1399 served the Navies of the United States and the Philippines

Tarlac call sign:
Delta - Uniform - November - Yankee

PCS-1376 Class Patrol Craft Sweeper:

  • Originally planned as PC-1399 but reclassified PCS-1399 in April 1943
  • Laid down 7 August 1943 by the South Coast Co., Newport Beach, CA
  • Reclassified as an Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper, YMS-450, 7 October 1943
  • Launched 15 April 1944
  • Classification changed back to Patrol Craft Sweeper, PCS-1399, 23 June 1944
  • Completed and commissioned USS PCS-1399, 25 November 1944
  • Transferred to the Philippines 22 January 1948 and named Tarlac (P 11)
  • Scrapped in 1969.


  • Displacement 270 t. (lt), 338 t. (fl)
  • Length 136'
  • Beam 24' 6"
  • Draft 8' 7"
  • Speed 14.1 kts.
  • Complement 57
  • Armament: One 3"/50 dual purpose gun mount, one 20mm gun mount, four depth charge projectors, one depth charge projector (hedgehog), and two depth charge tracks
  • Propulsion: Two 800bhp General Motors 8-268A diesel engines, Snow and Knobstedt single reduction gear, two shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    PCS-1399 59k Ed LeFave

    Commanding Officers
    01LT A. J. Harding, USNR1945
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    There is no DANFS history available for PCS-1399
    Additional Resources and Web Sites of Interest
    Patrol Craft Sailors Association
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Type Index Back to the Patrol Craft Sweeper (PCS) Photo Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back To The Auxiliary Motor Minesweeper (YMS) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created by Joseph M. Radigan and maintained by Tom Bateman
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History