Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Patrol Craft Sweeper
Photo Archive


Call sign:
Nan - Tare - Uncle - Nan


Lake Creek call sign:
Able - Zebra - Zebra - Queen

PCS-1376 Class Patrol Craft Sweeper:

  • Originally planned as PC-1419, but reclassified PCS-1419 in April 1943
  • Laid down 18 June 1943 by Dachel-Carter Shipbuilding Corp., Benton Harbor, MI
  • Launched 31 October 1943
  • Commissioned 20 March 1944 under the command of LT Otto A. Poirier, USNR
  • Decommissioned 12 April 1946
  • Struck from the Naval Register 8 May 1946
  • Transferred to the War Shipping Administration in January 1947, sold to the Superior Oil Co. of Los Angeles, CA and named Lake Creek
  • Acquired in 1961 by the Creole Drydock and Shipbuilding Corp. of Lafayette, LA
  • Scrapped in 1967.


  • Displacement 256 t.
  • Length 136'
  • Beam 24' 6"
  • Draft 8' 7"
  • Speed 14.1 kts.
  • Complement 57
  • Armament: One 3"/50 dual purpose mount, one 40mm gun mount, two 20mm gun mounts, four depth charge projectors, one depth charge projector (hedgehog), and two depth charge tracks
  • Propulsion: Two 800bhp General Motors 8-268A diesel engines, Snow and Knobstedt single reduction gear, two shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    PCS-1419 230k c. 1940s
    The Heritage House Collection, donated by the Campbell, Poirier and Pound families
    Photos courtesy of Florida Keys Public Libraries
    Robert Hurst

    There is no DANFS history available for PCS-1419
    Additional Resources and Websites of Interest
    Patrol Craft Sailors Association
    Back to the Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft Sweeper (PCS) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created by Joseph M. Radigan and maintained by Tom Bateman
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History