Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible

NavSource Online:
Submarine Chaser Photo Archive


Call sign:
Nan - Oboe - George - Rush

Bonita II and Veteran call sign (1927/193):
Mike - Dog - Nan - Cast

Veteran's call sign:
King - Mike - Quack - Jig

SC-1 Class Submarine Chaser

  • Laid down at Charleston Navy Yard, Charleston, SC
  • Commissioned USS SC-107, 19 January 1918
  • Sold 24 June 1921 to Joseph A. Hitner of Philadelphia, PA
  • Registered in 1927 to Robert W. Winsor of Boston, MA as the yacht Bonita II
  • Registered in 1931 Guy C. Parkhurst of Winthrop, MA as the yacht Veteran
  • Fate unknown.


  • Displacement 99 t.
    1927 - 88 t.
    1931 - 80 t.
  • Length 110'
    1927 - 104.4'
  • Beam 13' 6"
    1927 - 14.7'
  • Draft 6' 3"
    1927 - 8.1'
  • Speed 17 kts.
  • Complement 26
    1927 - Four
    1931 - Six
  • Armament: One 3"/23 gun mount, two .30 cal. machine guns, and one depth charge projector "Y Gun"
  • Propulsion: Three 220hp Standard gasoline engines, three shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    SC-104 395k Inboard profile, inboard arrangement, deck plan, 110 foot U.S. submarine chaser
    U.S. Navy photo NH 83619
    Naval History and Heritage Command

    Commanding Officers
    01ENS Walter VanDyke, USNRF1918
    02ENS Patrick E. Seawright, USNRF1919
    Courtesy Joe Radigan

    There is no DANFS history available for SC-107
    Additional Resources and Websites of Interest
    Patrol Craft Sailors Association
    The Sub Chaser Archives
    by Todd Woofenden
    Back to the Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Index Back to the 110' Submarine Chaser (SC) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created by Joseph M. Radigan and maintained by Tom Bateman
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History