Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online:
Submarine Chaser Photo Archive

USCGC Hahn (CGSC 415)

Call sign (1922):
George - Vice - King - Sail

ex-USS SC-415

Call sign (1919):
George - Have - Pup - Jig

Call sign (1924):
Nan - Oboe - Zed - Mike

SC-415 served both the U. S. Navy and Coast Guard

SC-1 Class Submarine Chaser:

  • Built by the College Point Boat Corp., College Point, NY
  • Commissioned USS SC-415, 8 January 1919
  • Transferred to the Coast Guard 16 December 1919
  • Commissioned USCGC Hahn (CGSC 415), 21 December 1919
  • Named for Coxswain Albert H. Hahn. USCG a member of the torpedoed USCGC Tampa, lost during World War I
  • She entered service at New York and was later transferred to Curtis Bay, MD, where she was decommissioned 1 August 1921
  • Laid up 27 October 1922 at Coast Guard Depot South Baltimore, MD
  • Sold 29 January 1923 to J. M. Kenny of Baltimore, MD for $601.00
  • Fate unknown.


  • Displacement 85 t.
  • Length 110'
  • Beam 14' 9"
  • Draft (fl) 5' 8"
  • Speed 18 kts.
  • Complement 26
  • Armament: One single 3"/23 gun mount, two .30 cal. machine guns and one depth charge projector "Y Gun"
  • Propulsion: Three Standard 220bhp gasoline engines, three shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    SC-415 199k c. 1919
    New York
    Moored on opposite side of pier from Comfort (AH 3)
    Ric Hedman

    There is no DANFS history available for SC-415
    Additional Resources and Websites of Interest
    Patrol Craft Sailors Association
    Back to the Main Photo Index Back to the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Index Back to the 110' Submarine Chaser (SC) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created by Joseph M. Radigan and maintained by Tom Bateman
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History