Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.


NavSource Online:
Section Patrol Craft Photo Archive

Resolute (SP 3218)



Call sign:
Nan - Unit - George - Boy


Resolute served both the U. S. Navy and Marine Corps.


Tug:

  • Built in 1906 at Mobile, AL
  • Acquired by the Navy 8 August 1918
  • Commissioned 14 January 1919
  • Transferred 31 May 1919 to the Marine Corps at Parris Island, SC
  • Struck from the Navy Register 2 August 1919
  • Ordered inspected for sale 5 December 1919
  • Sunk 18 March 1920
  • Sold 21 April 1920
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 68 t.
  • Length 89'
  • Beam 17'
  • Draft 8'
  • Speed 6.9 kts.
  • Complement 14
  • Propulsion: One marine leg boiler, one 225hp vertical compound steam engine, one shaft.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    Resolute 137k View taken during 1919, while in service at Port Royal, South Carolina
    U.S. Navy photo NH 100119
    Naval History and Heritage Command

    Dictionary of American Naval Fighting Ships: The fourth Resolute, a wooden tug, was built during 1906 in Mobile, Ala.; ordered purchased for the U.S. Navy 8 August 1918 from John Emile Dredging Co. of Jacksonville, Fla.; and commissioned 14 January 1919, Chief Boatswain's Mate Hans Peterson in charge.

    Resolute performed local patrol and minesweeping duties within the Parris Island, S.C., Section Patrol area, operating from Port Royal, S.C. Transferred 31 May 1919 to the U.S. Marine Corps at Parris Island, Resolute was sold 21 April 1920 to West India Steamship Co. of New York for whom she served through 1926.

    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Patrol Craft/Gunboat/Submarine Chaser Ship Type Index Back To The Section Patrol Craft Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History