Call sign (1924):
Nan - Xray - Xray
Call sign (1927):
George - Vice - Roger - Cast
Tulip served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard
Manzanita Class Lighthouse Tender:The second Tulip was built in 1908 by the New York Shipbuilding Company, Camden, New JerseyLaunched 16 April 1908Commissioned USLHT Tulip 14 July 1908Transferred to the Navy 11 April 1917Commissioned USS Tulip 5 December 1917Returned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919Transferred to the U.S. Coast Guard 1 July 1939 and commissioned USCGC Tulip (WAGL 249)Decommissioned 1 December 1945 and transferred to the PhilippinesFate unknown.
Specifications:Displacement 1,081 t.Length 190'Beam 30'Draft 13' 3"Complement 341945 - 44Speed 12 kts.1945 - 13.5 kts. Armament: None1944 - One 3"/23 mount, two 20mm mounts and two depth charge tracksPropulsion: Two coal fired Scotch-type boilers (Replaced with oil fired boilers in the early 1930s), two 550hp triple expansion inverted direct acting steam engines, two shafts.