Sumac served the Lighthouse Service and U.S> NAvy
|Click on thumbnail
for full size image
|224k||U.S. Coast Guard photo||U.S. Coast Guard Historian's Office|
Any of several anacardiaceous trees, shrubs, or woody vines
Sumac was built in 1903 at Port Richmond, N.Y., for the United States Lighthouse Service and utilized by that organization at Milwaukee, Wis.
Sumac was not commissioned in the Navy, but jurisdiction over her was transferred to the Navy Department in April 1917, and she was assigned patrol duty in the 9th Naval District. Sumac was returned to the Lighthouse Service on 14 May 1919.
|Back to the Main Photo Index||Back to the Lighthouse Tender Photo Index|
|Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster|
This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan|