Call sign (1924):
Nan - Love - Vice
Call sign (1927):
George - Vice - Roger - King
Sequoia served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard
Manzanita Class Lighthouse Tender:Built in 1908 by the New York Shipbuilding Company, Camden, New JerseyCommissioned USLHT Sequoia 13 August 1908Transferred to the Navy 11 April 1917Commissioned USS Sequoia 5 December 1917Returned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919Designated WAGL-243 in 1939Decommissioned 1 July 1946Transferred to the Philippines in October 1946Fate unknown.
Specifications:Displacement 677 t.Length 174'Beam 30'Draft 13' 3"1927 - 16'Complement 281927 - 31Speed 12 kts.1945 - 13.5 kts. Armament: None1945 - One 3"/50 mount, two 20mm mounts and two depth charge tracksPropulsion: Two coal fired Scotch-type boilers (Replaced with oil fired boilers in the early 1930s), two 550hp triple expansion inverted direct acting steam engines, two shafts.