Call sign (1924):
Nan - Love - Mike
Call sign (1927):
George - Vice - Roger - Dog
Cypress served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Navy and Coast Guard
Manzanita Class Lighthouse Tender:Built in 1908 by the New York Shipbuilding Company, Camden, New JerseyLaunched 5 November 1908Commissioned USLHT Cypress 21 July 1909Transferred to the Navy 11 April 1917 and commissioned USS CypressReturned to the Lighthouse Service 1 July 1919Designated WAGL-211 in 1942Decommissioned 26 August 1946Sold 18 March 1947 to Andreadis G. Spyros and Henry C. Crowe. She was renamed M/V Drafin by her new ownersFate unknown.
Specifications:Displacement 1081 t.1927 - 677 t.Length 190'1927 - 174'Beam 30'Draft 13' 3"1927 - 16'Complement 341927 - 351944 - 44Speed 12 kts. (1908) - 13.5 kts. (1942)Armament: None1944 - One 3'/23 mount, two 20mm mounts and two depth charge tracksPropulsion: Two coal fired Scotch-type boilers, two 550hp triple expansion inverted direct acting steam engines, two shafts1932 - Replaced with new water tubed oil fired boilers.