Call sign (1924):
Nan - Able - Boy - Pup
Call sign (1927):
George - Vice - Roger - Hypo
Anemone served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Navy and the Coast Guard
Manzanita Class Lighthouse Tender:The second Anemone was built in 1908 by the New York Shipbuilding Company, Camden, New JerseyCommissioned USLHT Anemone 25 July 1908Transferred to the Navy by Executive Order of 16 April 1917Commissioned USS Anemone 16 May 1917Struck from the Navy list 4 March 1919 and returned to the Lighthouse ServiceTransferred to the Navy again under Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941Designated WAGL-202Decommissioned 1 July 1946 and transferred to the PhilippinesFate unknown.
Specifications:Displacement 677 t.Length 190'Beam 30'Draft 15' 5½"Complement 261927 - 34Speed 13Armament: One 6-pounder. Later one 3"/50, two 20mm mounts and two depth charge tracksPropulsion: Two coal fired Scotch-type water tube boilers (converted from coal to oil fired in 1932 and new boilers), two 550hp triple expansion inverted direct acting steam engines, two shafts.