Call sign (1924):
Nan - Able - Pup - Sail
Call sign (1927):
George - Vice - Preparatory - Tare
Magnolia served the Lighthouse Service, the U.S. Navy and the Coast Guard
Magnolia Class Lighthouse Tender:The second Magnolia was built in 1903 by the Baltimore Drydock and Shipbuilding Co., Baltimore, MDLaunched in October 1903Commissioned USLHT Magnolia 5 May 1904Transferred to the Navy by Executive Order of 9 April 1917Returned to the Treasury Department at the end of hostilitiesTransferred to the Navy again under Executive Order 8929 of 1 November 1941Designated WAGL-231Sank off Mobile, AL 25 August 1945 after a collision with the American Mail Line Freighter SS Marguerite Leland.
Specifications:Displacement 685 t.1927 - 550 t.Length 173'1927 - 165'Beam 30'Draft 7' 6"1927 - 13'Complement 291927 - 32Speed 12 kts.Armament: One 6-pounder. Later one 3"/50, two 20mm mounts and two depth charge tracksPropulsion: Two Page and Burton coal fired water tube boilers (converted from coal to oil fired in 1934), two 2-cylinder 350hp compound steam engines, two shafts.