Please report any broken links or trouble you might come across to the Webmaster. Please take a moment to let us know so that we can correct any problems and make your visit as enjoyable and as informative as possible.

NavSource Online: Mine Warfare Vessel Photo Archive

MSC-124
ex-AMS-124


MSC-124 served the Navies of France and Turkey.

Adjutant Class Motor Minesweeper:

  • Laid down as AMS-124 by Stephens Brothers Inc., Stockton, CA
  • Launched 21 November 1953
  • Completed 12 June 1954
  • Transferred to France 1 January 1955 and named Pavot (M 631)
  • Reclassified by U. S. Navy as a Coastal Minesweeper, MSC-124, 7 February 1955
  • Reclassified M-693
  • Decommissioned in 1969
  • Returned to U.S. custody 24 March 1970, transferred to Turkey and renamed TCG Selçuk (M 508)
  • Converted to a scientific research ship, Y-90 in 1998 and struck from the Naval Register later that year
  • Fate unknown.

    Specifications:

  • Displacement 405 t.
  • Length 144'
  • Beam 27'
  • Draft 9'
  • Speed 14 kts.
  • Complement 40
  • Armament: Two twin 20mm mounts
  • Propulsion: Two 880bhp General Motors 8-268A diesel engines, two shafts.
    Click on thumbnail
    for full size image
    Size Image Description Source
    Pavot (M 631)
    PC-1227 150k North Africa
    Lancier (P 616), ex-PC-1227, tied up to jetty with another unidentified PC alongside. In the foreground is Pivot
    Photo by Marine Nationale
    Robert Hurst
    MSC-124 160k Photo by Dr. Giorgio Arra from the 1967/1968 edition of Jane’s Fighting Ships Mike Green
    TCG Selçuk (M 508)
    MSC-124 384k 18 November 1993
    La Spezia, Italy
    Carlo Martinelli

    There is no DANFS history available for MSC-124
    Additional Resources and Web Sites of Interest
    Naval Minewarfare Association
    Association of Minemen
    Back To The Main Photo Index Back To the Mine Warfare Ship Photo Index Back to the Motor Minesweeper (AMS) Photo Index Back to the Coastal Minesweeper (MSC) Photo Index

    Comments, Suggestions, E-mail Webmaster

    This page created and maintained by Joseph M. Radigan
    All pages copyright NavSource Naval History